Jack Tanner wrote:
> Should the master file's preamble override the child's even when the child
> is being rendered individually? I would argue that it should if and only
> if the child explicitly lists a parent (i.e., not just that the child is
> included in some parent).

I think it shouldn't by default. However, I can understand that there are many
cases where this is desired or expected, so it should perhaps be possible, as
an option.

For the time being, you can outsource the preamble to an external file and
\input that in the master's and each child's preamble.

Jürgen