Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Help > LyX Functions

I apologize for not looking thoroughly enough. This help file must've
slipped my mind for a general description of LyX's functions.

> Tools > Preferences > Edit > Shortcuts

2.0.0rc2 only had an entry for "script-insert" by default, which
doesn't seem to be useful and also cannot be bound to any key.

----

Paul Rubin wrote:

> "command-sequence ert-insert; self-insert \textsubscript{; char-forward;
> ert-insert; self-insert }; char-backward; char-backward;"

This one is neat. I like to write the text and style it afterwards, so I tried:

command-sequence cut; ert-insert; self-insert \textsubscript{;
char-forward; paste; ert-insert; self-insert }; char-backward;
char-backward;

This one however doesn't work when the marked section is empty.

Sean