On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Trevor Jenkins <bslwann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I seem to have screwed my LyX installation on a Mac OS X 10.6.7 server
> machine. The executable runs fine. I can create simple documents (as in
> testing someone else's issue with 10.6.7) but when I try "New from Template"
> the various folders are empty. Those in the LyX package are there (Finder
> can open the package and show me the various files) but LyX itself cannot
> find anything.

Can you be more specific? -- Which folders are empty?

> The Mac section of the Wiki hasn't been updated yet to cover 2.0.0 so I'm
> flying solo.

Not much has changed with 2.0, so there's not much to update on the
wiki specifically for 2.0.

One thing that has changed, which may be relevant, is the installation
procedure. Previously, we supplied a LyX-Installer.app, which would do
things like copy your LyX user's folder to its new location. Now
you're supposed to do that manually. (This is detailed in the ReadMe
that came with the application.) I'm guessing you didn't follow those
instructions and so aren't seeing templates that are in your LyX-1.6
user's folder but not your LyX-2.0 user's folder.

BH