On 12/05/2011 11:04 AM, Diego Queiroz wrote:
Just curious, will pdftk preserve links between chapters? This seems
rather nontrivial.

Pdftk output is exactly like the original file, so it keeps all links.
All links in the generated file will work if they point to an existent position.
For example, if there is a link for the chapter 10, but the chapter 10
is not in the file, that link will not work (obvious?).

I guess I wasn't precise enough. The PDF format supports links across files. The OP looks for a tool which does the split and rewrites the metadata so that links happen across the different pdf files. Apparently, pdftk is not this tool. But pdftk is based on iText which is very powerful, so I can imagine someone could hack at it do get this behavior. As I said, it's rather nontrivial, but it's not obvious that it cannot be done.

Nevertheless, pdftk is a great tool as it is.

Julien