Am 17.05.2011 20:36, schrieb Ruida Yun:

I'm writing my dissertation using the thesis template offered  by the
new Lyx2.0.  The Latex preamble shipped with the thesis template
somehow messed up the fleqn option when the line space is set to
double. There is way too much vertical space before and after the
equation.

Can you please send a screenshot where you have too much space. I cannot see a difference between fleqn or not. Note the space around equations depends if the equation is in an own paragraph or not. If it in an own paragraph the spacing is the normal one PLUS the paragraph separation space.

regards Uwe