Hi,

Am 19.05.2011 um 10:46 schrieb Trevor Jenkins:

>> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Hafney <hafne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm at the end of my rope with adobe acrobat. I'm using adobe acrobat reader
>> 10. I can successfully generate a pdf but I cannot update the pdf after I
>> make changes to my .lyx document.  How do I fix this? (I'm using windows).
>
> I'd like to know the same thing. Except I'm encountering this issue under Mac
> OS X. After changing the document I use the View PDF (pdflatex) option. If I
> have a version of the PDF open in Adobe Reader  already then I do NOT see the
> newer version.
>
> My workaround is to close the Adobe Reader window (or close Reader entirely)
> before viewing the updated PDF version.

I personally use the lightweight pdf viewer Skim [0] which auto-reloads pdfs,
supports LyX' output syncing (from pdf to LyX) and more. Alternatively MacOSX
default viewer 'Preview' does also reload pdfs when updated by LyX (you have to
give it the focus though).

> I am, as far as I can tell, running the latest version of Reader (10.0.3) and
> definitely the latest version of OS X Snow Leopard Server, which I'm using
> from a user level account. And my copy of LyX is 2.0.0 (29 April 2011 build).
> I have MacTex installed (latest available from CTAN).
>
> Regards, Trevor.

Sebastian

[0] http://skim-app.sourceforge.net