Hi Thanks for both replies,

All fonts in LyX are default except CJK where I specified gbsn.
Language is well set to Chinese (Simplified) and encoding to UTF8 (CJK).
Some documents works perfectly, neither encounter a problem, but this one
give me headache.

One trick is that chapter works perfectly when I remove the type and put all
the text to Standard.

I can't see any mistake in the Latex source...

Cheers,
Samuel