On 11/06/2011 10:57 AM, Abhinandan wrote:
Hi,

I am a new user of Lyx and an ardent fan. I want to write my MTech thesis
using Lyx. However, Lyx doesn't contain thesis document class by default. I
installed the class using MikTex package manager, created a thesis.layout
file(referred Lyx Wiki page) and reconfigured the Lyx. After reconfiguration
I can see the thesis class in the document class list but it is not getting
selected (Program does not respond in Windows 7). Please help me.

It's not clear what does not work exactly. Do you get any error message? Could you post your thesis.layout file on this list?

Cheers,
Julien