Am 21.06.2011 um 00:06 schrieb Zan:

> Hello All,
>
> OS X 10.5.8, Fresh MacTex 2010
>
> I've attempted to install 2.0 over 1.6 and now have only empty folders in the
> Library/Application Support/Lyx-2.0 for templates, examples, layout, bind.  I
> deleted older LyX libraries prior to the reinstall, hoping for a fresh start.
>  I've done something wrong.  I've googled, peered into the mail archive, and
> read a couple mac wiki.  Any suggestions or pointing towards relevant
> information would be much appreciated. Thanks, Zan

Hello Zan,

the installation of LyX-2.0 uses another folder for the user settings and does
not touch the 1.6 settings.

Regarding the user configuration there are two possible scenarios:

1) you want to make a fresh 2.0 install
That's what you did, effectively.

2) you want to continue with your 1.6 files
Then you should copy and rename your folder Library/Application Support/Lyx-1.6
to Library/Application Support/Lyx-2.0.
This is documented in the Documents folder of the LyX distribution media.
If you've used LyX-2.0 already you have to remove or rename the existing
Library/Application Support/Lyx-2.0 folder first.

Stephan

PS: There is a known problem with the availability of the system templates and
examples.
See http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.documentation/6887