Dear all,
I am using lyx 2.0. I have installed all packages and files from texlive 2011 (2000 something of them). I am using the fedora stack of both of them. The latex styles and classes are in my /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/ folder. I have texhash several times. I have set the path in lyx to /usr/share/texlive/ Then reconfigured, and rescanned the tex information several times. lyx shows the latex classes and styles I need in the tex information. It does not however show the layouts that I have them for. Such as chess still shows up as unavailable. I don't need chess, I need other ones such as apae6. I have about 100 latex classes that I would like to use, but are unavailable in lyx. I have used the wiki to add apae6.layout. It works but others do not. This is cumbersome, and several latex classes to do not report the origin of their .cls file (ie article or book and such) and so when I manually add the .layout file to lyx, lyx cannot understand it. Can I automate the process of adding the latex classes to lyx and having .layout files created or at least having them made available?
Sincerely,
Terrance