Am 26.06.2011 07:09, schrieb Liviu Andronic:

Is there a reason for not offering a choice between MikTeX and TeX
Live on the Windows installer?

In my old alternative LyX for Win installer you could choose. For the next installer version we plan to re-enable this.

I've got very used to TeX Live on Linux
and I'd like to use it for Windows, too. I'm specifically missing the
'getnonfreefonts' utility.

You can use them with any LaTeX distribution, of course also with MiKTeX.

Is following the wiki instructions [1] a good idea? Are there any
drawbacks in using TeX Live instead of MikTeX on Windows?

Yes, I need to test the installer together with TeXLive (how can we install all the packages used by LyX, the LyX-specific package, how can I uninstall packages via the command line, etc.
But at first I need to finish the new installer. Later we can add new features.

regards Uwe