On Jul 2, 2011, at 4:17 PM, Liviu Andronic wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> I am a real, real newbie to LyX. A minor problem. If I start LyX and import
>> a document, I am unable to import another document after that. All the
>> options under import are grayed out. I have to close LyX, restart it, and
>> then I'm able to do the import. That's the case even after the first
>> document has been saved and closed.
>>
>> Is this the way it should be?
>>
> Hard to say. What LyX version, what OS?

Thanks, Liviu. My apologies for not providing that information. LyX is 2.0.
Operating system is OS X 10.6.8.

That said, I have found a work around. [Or maybe it's not a work around, but
the way it works.] If I open a new window the import options are not grayed out.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net