On 03/07/11 02:37, Richard Heck wrote:
On 07/02/2011 08:57 AM, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen wrote:
Hi!

Is it possible to cross-reference a subfigure from the main figure caption,
and only get the subfigure letter (instead of the figure number + subfigure
letter) in the text where the cross-reference was made?

I have included a LyX document using a figure containing two subfigures. In
the figure text I'd like to refer to each subfigure using only the subfigure
letter...

Is this possible in LyX?

Yes, but the real answer is: It is of course possible in LaTeX, but not
necessarily easily, and anything you can do in LaTeX you can do in LyX. That
said, the reference is auto-generated, in the sense that the reference gives you
whatever the referred to item was, in this case, including the figure number. So
you have to write some LaTeX to strip that off. Or else just do it the dumb way,
and write: (a) or (b) in your source.

Richard

Hi again! Just found out that it is very easily accomplished in LaTeX, using \subref{} instead of \ref{}. So I've done that using ERT in LyX.

For reference to others, there is a whole discussion about doing it in LyX here:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/69677

Torquil