Hi

Apart from LyX, am using quite extensively emacs with org-mode for literate
programming and keeping track of documentation in my programs. One feature
which I love about org-mode is folding: I can fold all sections I am not
working on at the moment, and can unfold all headings apart from the body
text for navigation purposes.

What I am wondering: why haven't I seen this feature in text editors?
Folding would make the writing of long documents much easier and also the
navigation much more flexible. Effectively, the Outline view solves the
navigation issues, but e.g. writing in one section refering to results in an
earlier section requires opening a second window - which I personally
dislike (in these cases I usually have the pdf open for reference).

So my question: would that be a feature for the wish list of LyX? For me, it
wold be brilliant.

If others think the same, I will add it to the bug tracker as a feature
request - but are there any comments?

Cheers,

Rainer

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)