<sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> > Here was my configure command:
> >
> >  ./configure --with-version-suffix=200
> > --enable-build-type=release  -- with-qt4-dir=/usr/lib/qt4
> >
> > Here was the error message from ./configure:
> >
> > ======================
> > **** The following problems have been detected by configure.
> > **** Please check the messages below before running 'make'.
> > **** (see the section 'Problems' in the INSTALL file)
> >
> > ** moc 4 binary not found !
> >
> > ** uic 4 binary not found !
> >
> > ** qt 4 library not found !
>
> Some wild guesses: do you have 'pkg-config' installed? Have you run
> 'apt-get build-dep lyx'? If you have both and it still doesn't
> work, try to remove '-- with-qt4-dir=/usr/lib/qt4' from your
> ./configure command.
> Liviu

So what I ended up doing is going through the package manager and
doing a Hail Mary -- installing almost everything related in any way
to qt4, and the problem disappeared and I compiled LyX 2.0.0, and it
appears to be working pretty well now. Thanks!

I think the developers, on each new version, should document all
dependencies so compiling will involve more logic and less guesswork.
I'd imagine such a listing could probably be created programmatically.

By the way, the inability to do .eps files was because on the Ubuntu
11.04 provided version, which only compiled PDFs with ps2pdf, ps2pdf
doesn't work with EPS files. So that particular problem was simply
"performs as designed".

Anyway, 2.0.0 is working now. Thanks.

SteveT

Steve Litt