Hi all,
I already switched my work focus away from things where LyX is involved (about
half a year ago), but only recently settled for a new fulltime employment
starting next week. So after about five years maintaining the LyX package in
Debian together with Per this is kind of my goodbye message to all the
marvelous people who helped me/us along the way.[+]

It's been a real pleasure to work with all of the involved people. :)

Since Per (the other maintainer of the Debian package) is also no longer
a regular LyX user I'd like to take the opportunity for some advertisement:

    NOW would be the perfect moment to step up if you'd like to get involved
    in Debian and you'd like to maintain the LyX package for Debian!

Currently the package is still in a good shape, most bugs are handled[*],
the packaging has been polished a bit during the late 2.0.0rc
cycle and I'm still around to help with any questions.
I've to admit that getting started will be a bit hard if you've no prior
experience in creating Debian packages and the usage of a version
control system.

For those more involved with the toolchain, we're currently using
a git repository with pristine-tar and git-buildpackage. Patches are
handled within the master branch with source format 3.0 quilt.
The debian/rules file utilizes a debhelper 7 style with quite some
overrides.

You can find our todo list (more or less empty currently) and some
helpful links on our Wiki page http://wiki.debian.org/PkgLyx

If you've any questions feel free to mail the
pkg-lyx-de...@lists.alioth.debian.org mailinglist. If you like to get
involved you've to subscribe that one too. In that case a very good
mailfilter (I use bogofilter just in case someone cares) is highly
recommended due to the open nature of the list (it's also the official
maintainer contact address).

For all other bystanders: We will try to upload new upstream releases
from time to time but real bughandling and forwarding will be and already
is kind of an issue. It took me over two weeks to answer the latest one
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=631112 :(

So thanks for all the fish and have a good time,
Sven

[+] Special kudos to Georg for helping out with so many Debian specific
    itches upstream.

[*] As far as I remember we took the package over with about 90 unhandled
    bugs and achieved a minimal bug count of 20, currently it's about 30.
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.