Liviu Andronic <landronim...@gmail.com> írta:
>2011/7/8 Csikos Bela <bcsikos...@freemail.hu>:>
> Hello:>
>>
> I have a question related to latex fonts, xetex and unicode.>
>>
> In lyx2 under document > settings > fonts I can set "Use non-TeX fonts (via
> XeTeX/LuaTeX). If I want to use unicode encoding I have to set this option, I
> guess. Does this mean as well that the standard tex fonts won't be available?>
> Or can they be still chosen? If yes, how? I am confused.>

It is slightly confusing. You can use XeTeX and TeX fonts: uncheck>
'Use non-TeX fonts', select your preferred TeX fonts and compile View>
> Other > PDF (XeTeX). (When you do this, I'm not sure if you benefit>
entirely from the Unicode capabilities of XeTeX, since the TeX fonts>
are not---to my knowledge---Unicode aware.)>

Otherwise, if you need XeTeX with full Unicode support (again, I'm not>
sure if above you miss anything), check 'Use non-TeX fonts', select>
your preferred system fonts (which, in some cases, can be OTF versions>
of the TeX fonts) and compile View > PDF (XeTeX). Unicode is the only>
encoding that XeTeX supports, so you don't need to select anything>
else.>

Regards>
Liviu>

Thank you.
I will try both methods and compare them.
Thanks again,

bcsikos