Csikos Bela <bcsikos425 <at> freemail.hu> writes:

> Disregard my previous message.
> I haven't realized that the page wasn't set to A4 in your example.
> Setting it to A4 the rule is exactly in the center.

Good.  Glad to know I wasn't hallucinating (this time). ;-)

> With "\newlength{\temp}\setlength{\temp}{\parindent}\setlength{\parindent}
> {0pt}" you store the
> current indent in temp and set it's new value to 0. After textblock to set
> back indent from temp. Is that correct?

Yes.

> Would not be easier just to use \noindent instead of it?
> I tried it and seems to work.

Yes, \noindent is definitely simpler.  When I tried \noindent, it seemed to
throw the horizontal position off slightly, but I may have had something else in
play at the same time. I tried it both automatically (LyX inserts it if you
specify the paragraph to be justified) and manually (including it in the ERT).
When LyX inserts it, it adds a space after \noindent, which might have been the
culprit.  I thought I got the same slight shift when I added it manually to the
ERT, but perhaps not.  If it works for you, that's good.

Paul