On 07/26/2011 07:26 AM, Johan wrote:
Hello.

I did see I can add LaTeX code to Lyx, it is displayed as latex code. I want to
type some shotcut key and $\int$ then I want to see the integral sign in math
mode. Is this possible in Lyx?
Certainly. You can use Ctrl-m to enter math-mode, then \int (no need to use the $'s) will get you an integral sign. Or, you can bind "enter math mode" to a function key (I use f10).
Also for environments like \begin{enumerate}...\end{enumerate},
\begin{align*}...\end{align*}, etc ..
Again, there are built-in shortcuts, or you can assign keys to the ones you use most often.

--

David L. Johnson

"Business!" cried the Ghost. "Mankind was my business. The common
welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance,  and benevolence,
were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of
water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"
                --Dickens, "A Christmas Carol"