Rudi Gaelzer <rgaelzer <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible that the texlive 2010 version in F15 is lacking the
> needed packages?  I
> have the F14 version of texlive 2010 installed in another workstation
> and that works all right.

I don't think so; the only packages "by type" uses are amsmath.sty and
amsthm.sty, and without those all the AMS theorem modules should be borked.

I just tried on my laptop (Linux Mint, TeXLive 2010) and got the same error you
did.  Then I looked in ~/.lyx/layouts and saw that I had old versions of some of
the .inc files used by the theorem modules.  I deleted those, reconfigured LyX
and the module is now working.  So you might check there.

Paul