On 10. aug. 2011 14:51, Csikos Bela wrote:
Hello lyx users:

I have a question on float placement.
I am working on a document with sections, and I start every section
on a new page inserting an Insert>Formatting>New page
before the section title. But lyx occasionally places floats on the
same (new) page above the new section title.
How can I prevent this so that the section would start
on a completely new page and the float would be inserted
on a previous page?

You can set the floats to appear in a "page of floats", that is,
a page with floats only and no mixing with text.

That way, the previous section will end, a page
with only floats appear, and then your next section
starts on top of the page. To achieve this, right-click the float to bring up its settings, and select "page of floats" as the only option. Or you can set this in the document settings, as a standard for all floats.

However, it seems to me that you should consider using one of the book types for document class, and chapters instead of sections. Chapters automatically start on a new page - this way you won't need to insert linefeeds. I also believe floats will be handled before the chapter
page starts, so you shouldn't get a float above a chapter heading.

Helge Hafting