Louis, you also need to state the natbib option while loading
biblatex-chicago (page 3 of the manual, citep and citet are commands
implemented in natbib):

\usepackage[notes,autocite=footnote,natbib]{biblatex-chicago}

I don't have biber, but I believe that would be more than enough to
make it work. Regards.
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com