<sl...@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> > For some reason, the "Use Non Tex Fonts" checkbox on my Document
> > Settings->fonts screen is grayed out and can't be checked.
>
> Then I guess you don't have XeTeX installed. Install it,
> reconfigure LyX, and after LyX restart try again the Fonts
> dialogue.
> Liviu

UDMan Liviu!

I'd already installed xetex, but hadn't thought to reconfigure LyX.
After reconfiguring LyX, it worked. I saw all the liberation fonts.
Thank you!

Now when everyone says "you must use XeTeX", does that mean that in my
scripts that make books, I substitute the xetex command for the latex
command? Should I expect any side effects or problems?

How do I compile to PDF so that the fonts are embedded in the PDF?

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence