2011/8/23 Daniel CLEMENT <dcleme...@sfr.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> [sorry if double post--looks like the previous one did not reach the list]
>
> Is there any chance of seeing a .deb file appear for Ubuntu Lucid? So
> far I relied on getdeb to get lyx updated, but it looks like getdeb has
> somewhat dropped supporting lyx on lucid.
>
> Of course Ubuntu has recent lyx packages but lucid doesn't meet their
> dependencies.
>
> OTTH, I'm not so fond at compiling myself, and I see that even on the
> lucid-bleed ppa, lyx 2.0.0 "failed to build"... not very encouraging.
>
> I'm in no hurry to upgrade my Ubuntu. Has anyone successfully compiled
> lyx 2 under lucid 64?
>
> TIA for any advice or experience report.

I have same problem as you as I do not found good binary source of LyX
for Lucid. I've built my version from SVN, but I do not plan to
release it as .deb. This is x86_64 version. But my distro sucks a lot
from many PPA, so my libs or tools may not be from official lucid. I
should push LyX over backporting process to check doing .deb.

--
Manveru
jabber: manv...@manveru.pl