On 09/12/2011 12:28 PM, Bjorn Madsen wrote:
Hello there,
I'm a new user and have googled an error message I am receiving but am probably not searching the right places:

[1] The layout file: article could not be found. A default textclass with default layouts will be used. LyX will not be able to produce correct output [2] Due to some error in it, the layout file: AGU-article could not be loaded. A default textclass with defailt layouts will be used. LyX will not be able to produce correct output.

Does anyone have a hint for getting it fixed? (LyX 2.0.0 default install from ubuntu 11.04.)

Both errors are puzzling. Something is wrong with the installation. First, the article.layout file should be installed with LyX, typically at /usr/share/lyx/layouts/. You can look at Help>About LyX to find out where the system directory is meant to be.

The other case is weirder, in a way, since the layout file is being found---it's surprising that it is there if article.layout is not---but is apparently corrupt.

I'd suggest you uninstall LyX and try reinstalling, if you haven't already done so. If you have, then we'll try something else.

Richard