Hello everybody,

today, I installed LyX 2.0.1 using Uwe's installer
(http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=5117&release_id=18767)
 over my somewhat broken 2.0 installation
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/70495/focus=70618, main
cause seems to be a problem with network drives and/or limited rights users in
WinXP) in the hope that it might fix something.

Unfortunately, things got worse instead. Pdflatex now runs infinitely long (not
proven, but at least very long, i. e. over one hour for a one page document) in
the background. Tex files are created in the temporary folder, but no pdf is
created. Any idea why this might be and how it could be solved?

To be honest, I am quite frustrated with LyX now. I love it when it works, but
in the last weeks I spent more time fixing problems than actually writing in
LyX. I just stumpled across Portable Lyx 2.0
(http://portable-lyx.impossible-exil.info/). Maybe this is a solution for me
and other people struggeling with installation problems.

Regards

Matthias