Hi,

> It would be a good idea to export a file to LaTeX (pdflatex), then run
> pdflatex against it in a DOS window.  That might help pin down whether there
> are problems with your LaTeX (MiKTeX?) distribution.

I tried exporting three files and see three different behaviours. Looks like my
whole installation is even more broken than I thought. I think I will wipe all
LyX and MikTeX from disk and try re-installing afterwards.

If there anything I should delete after uninstalling the software from the
Windows XP Control Panel to end up with a "clean" system?

Matthias