On 22/09/2011 12:50 AM, Richard Heck wrote:
On 09/21/2011 02:11 PM, Bruce Pourciau wrote:
I have a colleague using book class who wants to place a comment on
the page labeled Part 1, but when he tries to do this, the comment
appears on the first page after the page labelled Chapter 1 of Part 1.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

This is controlled by the document class. You would have to modify the
book class in order to get such a comment to print on the Part page.
This isn't insanely hard to do, but one would have to decide exactly
what syntax to use, etc.

Richard

Exactly, it is not possible with the standard class. Short of writing the latex code for it, you could also use one of the latex classes that make such customization easy. I vaguely remember that the memoir class and koma-script classes will allow you to do what you want. Since I'm no expert, I can only suggest that you look at their documentation.

--
Julien