On 22/09/2011 3:06 PM, Mukhtar Ullah wrote:
Is there any way to tell LyX that the pdf-file exists and needs to be
copied to the temp-folder, so latex can find it?

Martin,
I had a similar problem and have to thank the latest version LyX 2.0.1 for
solving the issue. This problem occurs when your figure (both .pdf_tex and .pdf)
in a directory (most commonly a subdirectory). To cut it short, let us assume
that the two files are in a subdirectory ./figures (I would recommend to always
use one such name for the directory for the reason to follow). Go to
Tools->Preferences->Paths->TEXTINPUTS prefix: by default the current document
directory is included (the dot .). Add the subdirectory path by appending
;./figures (the semicolon ; is to separate the two paths). I believe this should
solve such issues in he future except in the case that your subdirectoery has a
different name (e.g. ./img) in which case also append ;./img.

Regards,

Mukhtar

So, besides setting the TEXINPUTS, how do you include the image in your document? Using \input or an external template?

--
Julien