On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 03:24:45 PM Manveru wrote:
> 2011/9/21 Julien Rioux <jri...@physics.utoronto.ca>:
> > On 21/09/2011 6:17 PM, Manveru wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Not directly LyX related, but maybe someone will be able to help
> >> me.
> >>
> >> I am using Chapter* environment for my Prologue and Epilogue in
> >> mwbook class document. However for these chapters I see Chapter
> >> 0. Prologue and Chapter 8. Epilogue for chapters I do not want
> >> to number. Is there any method to remove "Chapter X." part from
> >> page header for these two chapters only?
> >>
> >> My fancyheader settings from preamble:
> >> \fancyhead[RO,LE]{\nouppercase{\leftmark}}
> >> \fancyhead[LO,RE]{\nouppercase{\rightmark}}
> >>
> >> Thank you for any advice.
> >
> > Assuming your class is derived from book, \markboth{}{} in LaTeX
> > code just after the Chapter* will clear the leftmark and
> > rightmark.
>
> Great, that did what I want.
>
> However I think that document class should support it by itself to
> clean that up for Chapter*.
>
> Thanks for hyou help!

My experience is that in the long run, using any of the * environments
is walking the trail of tears. Given that I usually have these outside
the book's "official" chapters, I usually make my own environment,
without a counter and with big print, and use that. I insert my own
home made environments with the proper TeX commands to include in the
table of contents and to make the new part into a section.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore/key_excellence.htm