On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 6:51 AM, Paul A. Rubin <ru...@msu.edu> wrote:

>  I'd suggest that you download and install the current version of IM, put
> the main directory (containing convert.exe) on your system command path
> (needs to be in front of any Windows system directories, since Windows also
> has a program named 'convert'), maybe reconfigure LyX again just to be safe,
> and see if the mystery TIFF file converts properly.

I did as you suggested (installed IM version 6.7.2-10-Q16-windows-dll, which
is the one they recommend if you're not sure which to get, made sure it was
on the path, and reconfigured LyX) and am still getting the same error
message. How do you specify a converter?

Jane

--
Jane Shevtsov

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers... Each one owes
infinitely more to the human race than to the particular country in which he
was born." --Francois Fenelon, theologian and writer (1651-1715)