On 10/19/2011 08:39 AM, Virgil Arrington wrote:
When using the Quote environment with several consecutive paragraphs, I notice that the paragraph spacing between the Quote paragraphs is narrower than the paragraph spacing between the Quote paragraphs and the surrounding Standard paragraphs. I'd like to widen the spacing between successive Quote paragraphs to make it the same as the spacing between Standard paragraphs and Quote paragraphs.
Any ideas?
To do this, you will need to modify the quote environment itself. Exactly how to do this will depend upon what document class you are using, but quote is generally defined as a list with only one item, e.g., in article.cls:

\newenvironment{quote}
               {\list{}{\rightmargin\leftmargin}%
                \item\relax}
               {\endlist}

Inter-paragraph spacing within the quote is therefore controlled, as you can see here:
    http://latex.computersci.org/Reference/ListEnvironments
by the \parsep length. So, if you are using article (or book, which has the same declaration), you could try doing something like:

\renewenvironment{quote}
               {\list{}{%
                 \rightmargin\leftmargin%
                 \parsep\parskip}%
                \item\relax}
               {\endlist}

I think that will set \parsep to be whatever \parskip is (where that is what controls paragraph spacing in normal text), but if not, then try: \parsep\mediumskip, or whatever you have set \parskip to be.

Richard