To: Keith Roberts <ke...@karsites.net>
From: Jens Nöckel <noec...@uoregon.edu>
Subject: Re: Beginners introductory tutorials?

Here is one that I point people to - there may be newer ones I'm not aware of,
but this should give you the flavor:

"Introduction to Latex and Lyx"
http://youtu.be/m4cEAVmLegg

Jens

On Oct 17, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Keith Roberts wrote:

Hi. Thanks for LyX which I think is an awesome piece of software!

Are there any introductory screencast tutorials that will show a complete
beginner how to use LyX to do some basic eiting tasks, and then how to generate
the appropriate DVI and PDF output for the edited document please?

Something that will also show how LyX can generate the contents page, and
update that as the user edits the .lyx source file would be handy.

I think the tutorial on the website is far too technical and maths related, for
a LyX newbie that just wants to create a nice PDF text document.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net