Child documents work OK, just Insert -> File -> Child Document. So do
graphics etc. Just insert them regularly from the menus. The problem
with other inputs, as far as I am concerned, is that the original
directory structure is not recreated in the temporary build directory.
I do not know if there is a way to manually add dependencies to a
document so that LyX can pick the files when building the pdf/ps.