Thanks Jurgen,

that's what I feared. I'll try compiling my presentation on Linux and
playing it on Win/Mac to see if I am doing things correctly.

Cheers,

Stefano

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:
> stefano franchi wrote:
>> I am trying to insert  short clips and sound files in a Beamer
>> presentation with no luck at all.
>> The file compiles without any issue, but nothing corresponding to the
>> inserted files/clips  appears in the pdf file.
>> Is anyone having luck with this issue? The Beamer manual seems to
>> imply that movie/sound support in pdf is kind of iffy, as it depends
>> on pdf readers and perhaps on platform. I am on Linux, and have tried
>> both Acroread and Okular, with similar results. Any hint greatly
>> welcome.
>
> I think none of the existing PDF readers on Linux can play embedded movies.
> Particularly, Adobe Reader for Linux does not provide a suitable media player,
> whereas such files usually work on Windows (and Mac).
>
> Jürgen

Stefano Franchi
Associate Research Professor
Department of Hispanic Studies            Ph:   +1 (979) 845-2125
Texas A&M University                          Fax:  +1 (979) 845-6421
College Station, Texas, USA