On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:03 AM, Kenedy Torcatt <yde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This really is a great Start! Thankyou, and thankyou. But I need a bit more
> details and fixes about this, I mean:
>
> 1- Could I actually use my windows fonts to compile the PDF? because there
> is a drop down menu that show them when I tick "Don't use Xetex typography".
> Because I know that helvetica is really close to Arial (Awesome btw) but you
> know how some teachers are...
>
> For example: \setmainfont{Arial}% use any font you like
> I don't know if that works but  you get the idea!

As Günter suggested, select Doc Settings > Fonts > Use non-TeX fonts,
select Arial as Roman font and compile your document with XeTeX or
LuaTeX.

> 2- Where can I find a description for every MiKTEX package. I need to do an
> inventory of them to simplifyand ilustrate  it's use.

See my previous e-mail.

> 3- You changed default "Section" to be unnumbered, wich is cool but I'll
> need a page wich contains just "Part" (in this case, because "Part" is
> greater than section, I was using Subsection to leave Section for those
> pages) as a Chapter divider.
> Note: I tried to insert part as a chapter and I received this error:
>
> \part{Chapter 1\pagebreak{}}
>
> If you say, e.g., `\def\a1{...}', then you must always
>
> put `1' after `\a', since control sequence names are
>
> made up of letters only. The macro here has not been
>
> followed by the required stuff, so I'm ignoring it.

It is unclear to me what you want to do here.

> 4- You did very advanced changes in the preamble that I don't understand.
> Could you let me know about all of them?

What exactly is not clear?

> 5- I could notice that now the index is not writing those dots btween txt
> and numbers, why? just asking if I can decide when to leave it o erase them.

I'm also curious how this happens, but my guess is that this is
controlled by \usepackage[titles]{tocloft}. Look into the options of
that package.

> 6-Can I stablish that when I press enter on keyboard the space between
> paragraph be equivalent to "2 enters on word", I mean without inserting
> forced spaces on lyx, you know : ctrl+enter. That would save me a lot of
> time.

It depends what you want to do. If you need to have paragraphs always
separated by a new line, then follow Günter's suggestion: you will see
teh result in the PDF output. Otherwise, LaTeX ignores extraneous
spaces between paragraphs: see section 5.2 of LyX Essentials. [1]

[1] http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX.Tutorials

> 7- If I need just one page showed horizontally?, how can I do that?

See [2].

[2] http://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/Output#landscape

> 8- About margins, you can see the details in the attached PDF called:
> Anteproyecto things to fix
>
> Note: I did some changes to reduce space between header and text changing
> 1.1 cm to 0.2 cm. But there are other things that are not working, like too
> little space between final of the text and footer there are less than 2.5cm
> even when it's defined inside document configuration, in fact there are more
> space on the header. Change left headrer size to 10 maybe, looks too big on
> 12.

When in need to change formatting using LaTeX code, open a new
document, write some dummy text 'asdf', format it as you wish, do View
> Source and then see what's the corresponding LaTeX commands for the
chosen formatting. Then re-use it in the header, or elsewhere.

> Plase take a look at page II and page III (on roman numbers), page II,
> bigger footer space than page III, that's weird!, how to fix that?. All of
> this  ilustrated in the PDF.

I'm not sure. I'm wondering myself.

Regards
Liviu

PS Please turn off the HTML formatting. Some people around here do not
appreciate it.

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm