On 29.10.2011 22:33, Kenedy Torcatt wrote:
Hello Guys. I' a windows user and using LyX 2.0.

I need to use Arial font for my documents, I tried deactivating TeX
Fonts and choose Arial from my windows installed fonts, after that I
tried to compile with Xetex but I'm just getting errors!

Probably one on the XeteX/MikTeX packages is broken. Hopefully, it may be fixed soon.

I know that Helvetiva is almost an Arial clone and I can select
Helvetica from TeX fonts from sans serif 's drop down menu, but I did
a research and found that urw-arial
located here: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/urw/arial/  is an
Arial font pack for use with LaTeX. I need to know how to install it
and show it in the LyX dropdown menu for sans serif 's fonts the same
way as selecting Helvetica.

I have the same limitation as you have. Please note that the URW A030 Arial is not really Arial. The differences between Arial and Helvetica are described in
http://ilovetypography.com/2007/10/06/arial-versus-helvetica/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helvetica
http://www.ms-studio.com/articlesarialsid.html

When using the URW Arial, the G and R are the Arial ones, but the C, t, a, 1 are the Helvetica ones. You can actually even see that for a, t and 1 on the sample text on page:
http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/arial/
which also states that "The font that is actually provided is URW A030".

I could notice that in latex code appear \usepackage{helvet} when I
select it in the drop down menu, so I think is possible to do the same
thing for the urw-arial. After all it will be just adding another font
to LyX.

If you nonetheless want to use this fake arial font, once you have it installed through MikTeX (which I think you have already), all you need to do is to add

\usepackage[scaled]{uarial}

to the preamble (in Document -> Settings... -> LaTeX Preamble).

I need to know how to do that... A tutorial or something please.

Please help!
Thankyou in advance...

Best regards,

Olivier

PS: off-topic. You wrote "Helvetiva is almost an Arial clone", but it's more the opposite.

Kenedy