I should not get too much inspired from FixME it seems, since what seems to
work for this module does not for mine.

Following the documentation in a more strict manner + some inspiration from
the beamer module (not the simplest one ;-)  ), has allowed me to solve my
problem fro the inset. The version that works is the following:

InsetLayout Flex:sagecommand
LyXType               custom
LabelString           Sage
 LatexType             command
LatexName             sage
Decoration            classic
 PassThru              1
Font
  Color               magenta
  Family              Typewriter
EndFont
MultiPar              false
 OptionalArgs          0
End

Now, if I could also solve the problem for the optional arguments of the
\sageplot environment... I continue not to get the Short name option when I
right-click in this environment. My declaration must have a problem and
does not tell to Lyx to get options from the short name.

Can commands get a short name from Lyx?

Style sageplot
LatexType             Command
 LatexName             sageplot