Just another mail to correct a problem with the preceding Lyx file (see the
new file attached, and the $ signs in ERT boxes, this is connected with the
problem I describe below) and ask a question about insets again:

What kind of Flex insets can be included in a math mode text? Is this
possible at all? Especially in displayed equation where one would like to
include results from SAge computations?
I cannot write the following in math mode in Lyx, putting the left member
in a displayed equation and the right member in a sagecode inset that would
be converted to the expression I give  (\sage{integral(x/(x^2+1),x,0,1))
       \dfrac{\partial^{4}y}{\partial
x^{4}}=\sage{integral(x/(x^2+1),x,0,1)}

I meet two problems:
1/ I cannot insert a Flex:sagecommand inset in a displayed equation, Lyx
just goes to the next line before inserting it...
2/ I cannot type the sagetex instruction (*sage{}  ) by hand, because
 "x^2" in the right member must not be interpreted by LyX, since Sage will
need it for its computation.

I can of course type everything in an ERT, but this cannot be called
"integration" can it? ;-)

I have reread again the help document on layouts and insets, and I have
checked the files that come in the layout folder of LyX, but cannot find
any answer to my question.

Sorry for bothering you again with my problems... I hope that Sage
integration will interest other people...

Murat

I definitely need the help of a Lyx wizard who understands well the insets
and their integration in Lyx/Latex...