On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 6:01 PM, john Culleton <j...@wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> I am recommending Lyx for beginners, even though I don't actually use
> it myself. I note that lualatex is now accommodated by Lyx. That is of
> course a tremendous advance.
>
> Here is my question: is there a guide for beginners that has been
> updated to include using lualatex in a Lyx document?

Lualatex won't work on most Linux distributions, since they ship
outdated version of TL (and some other packages), and don't allow
user-space updating of packages. If you're on Windows, you're best bet
is to update your packages to their latest version, select 'use
non-tex fonts' in Doc Settings > Fonts, and cross your fingers.

Liviu

--
Do you know how to read?
http://www.alienetworks.com/srtest.cfm