On 11/10/2011 02:15 PM, Bianca Kranzusch wrote:
As you can see on page 2 of the attached example document, when I use
 refereces to things on different pages and want to add the page, Lyx
 produces the English "on the preceding page" message instead of a
 German expression.

Hi Bianca,
I'm using TeX Live 2011 and with it your problem seems not to exist. See the compiled document I attach.

The solution would be to provide the translation for the autoreference by yourself. I've never been using \vref, so someone else migh tell you how.