Dear Boyko, I am in the process of organizing a conference myself,
with papers made in Word and LaTeX. I decided, from scratch, to create
a Lyx template based on a simple two column "article" class with some
changes for the abstract (using the abstract module). Then, I exported
this template to LaTeX and created a very similar Word version. I can
tell you this workflow is pretty straighforward and the results have
been very good. If you would like, I can send you a direct email with
my Lyx template (as well as the Word version, in case you are
interested).

Regards.
Julio Rojas
jcredbe...@gmail.com