I am using LyX 2.02 on Mac 10.6.8.

How do I make a keyboard shortcut for inserting a cross-reference?  I asked
this a year or two ago and got very complicated answer that I have
unfortunately lost.  In the mean time I had instead made a keyboard short cut
in OS X for the menu item, but this no longer seems to work in LyX 2.02.

In fact, each time I opened LyX, my old OS X keyboard short cut for the menu
item only worked after I first inserted a cross-reference using the mouse, but
I tolerated this peculiarity.

It seems that anything that you can do with a mouse click should be possible
from the keyboard.

Thanks,

Hal