We mentioned this once before
(http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.lyx.general/72719), but did
not get anybody work on it. So let's call for python hackers again: it
will be fantastic if LyX is able to find Rscript automatically under
Windows (from environmental variables RHOME, R_HOME or from the
Windows Registry Hive). Before that, users still have to modify the
PATH by themselves.

Or maybe it is easier to modify the preferences?
Tools-->Preferences-->Paths-->PATH prefix. I have never tried it.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyi...@gmail.com>