On 2011-12-07, Phil wrote:
> Pavel Sanda <sanda <at> lyx.org> writes:

>> it copies svg into temporary directory and create the resulting pdf
>> there. the linked file is of course not copied so it is not found. the
>> only simple "fixes" i see are either try to use absolute paths (but
>> that sucks in other scenarios) or do use embedded objects only.

> Absolute paths definitely breaks one of my usage scenarios which is
> collaboration via SVN. Embedding is annoying if you want to edit the
> bitmap separately and it makes the svg very big.

> Why does lyx copy the SVG file to a temporary directory before doing the
> conversion?

LyX copies *all* required files into a temporary directory in order not
to "pollute" the working directory. (Earlier versions had an option to
use the working directory (giving an empty value as path to the
"tempdir").)

As there are several use cases where compiling in the pwd is
preferable, you might consider filing a feature request.

Günter