Hi Xu,

Can you compile other documents in lyx?

Can you please post/copy the entire log so we can see the error messages?

Answers:

- Yes, i can compile. if i create a simple new document (file\new) and then
click on the icon view pdf, then it works.

- On the contrary, when I open a slightly more sophisticated document with math
formulas (note that this document has been created in lyx by a friend of mine),
and click on the icon view pdf, the it doesn't work. And it appears a new
window with several lines of errors and the related descriptions. I will try to
summarize the main errors (they are repeated for a large number of times):

- Error:

 FONT OML/zplm/m/it/12=zplmr7m at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
found

[Rudin 3.5]
For any two real sequences $\{a_{n}\}$, $\{b_{n}\}$,
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

- Error

Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts

- Description

\]

Sorry, but I can't typeset math unless \textfont 2
and \scriptfont 2 and \scriptscriptfont 2 have all
the \fontdimen values needed in math symbol fonts.

- Description

...e right is not of the form $\infty-\infty$
. \end{problem}
Sorry, but I can't typeset math unless \textfont 2
and \scriptfont 2 and \scriptscriptfont 2 have all
the \fontdimen values needed in math symbol fonts.

Any suggestions?

Let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks again.

Best,

Marco