Le 05/01/2012 09:40, Olivier Ripoll a écrit :
On 05.01.2012 05:16, Jerry wrote:
Do the developers monitor this list? Or does someone need to file a
bug report for the slow scrolling problem?

Jerry

Yes, they are looking at it. If you look at the thread, you'll see
several names of LyX developers (not exhautively: Pavel Sanda, Richard
Heck, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes, André Pönitz)

The problem is that we have yet to pinpoint the root cause. I see two major points:

- we have experimental code that seems to improve the situation on linux. We'll probably learn more once it is deployed to many people. I am not sure there are plans to port to branch yet. This may be useful for cases where different people see different speeds.

- there is a part of the code that we know should be rewritten: to compute metrics (size of words), we work at glyph level, while painting is done at word level. This is what creates display problems with OS X when the is kerning/ligatures effects. The "paint single char" pref that has been discussed makes everything work at glyph level, which is correct but slow. What we need is to do all at word level (except for RtL text, which is a different story). Unfortunately, this part of code is a can of worm and nobody dares touching it.

JMarc