On Saturday, January 07, 2012 03:46:11 AM Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
> Jun Tong wrote:
> > "! LaTeX Error: Command \harvarditem already defined."
>
> This is the crucial error. There seems to be a conflict between two
> packages you use. Both define \harvarditem. To investigate further
> you would need to exclude packages in order to find the culprit.
>
> Jürgen

Also, he didn't run texhash, which I always thought was necessary (as
root) after adding a new document class from the Internet.

I don't know whether failing to texhash could have contributed to his
particular error, but it's always a good idea.

SteveT

* My new 99 cent Kindle book  :  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QTBLA2 *
*                 Steve Litt  :  http://www.troubleshooters.com      *

.