On 05/01/2012 12:03 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
I think we should not read both files, since the semantics of replacing
a system file by a user one should be preserved. It would be better to
load a external_templates.user file (or any better name you come up
with), like we load several flavors of lyxrc files (lyxrc.dist,
lyxrc.defaults, preferences).

I'm not sure I understand. IMHO the user file should be read after the system
file. So any external template in the system file that is not in the user file
should be kept, new user-contributed files should be added. If templates are
in both files, the user version should override the system version.

Having said that, I wonder if it would not be better to split this file into
one file per template, having templates/pdfpages.template,
templates/xfig.template etc. Then we could read all *.template files in both
directories, and stick with the practice of reading only one of each, like we
do for *.layout etc.

Jürgen

On top of that it would be nice to load only some of these files as we do now for modules.

--
Julien