Hi,

I am trying to learn how to use the math equation editor in LyX,
and I have encontered a problem. The manual says that while writing integrals
one should pay special attention to correctly writing the "d" letter, which
is an operator, hence it should be written as an upright letter. In order
to achieve the effect, the manual suggests to highlight the letter "d", and
then use the keyboard shortcut ALT+C R. I am trying this, but this does not
work. Instead of changing the style of the highlighted "d", I get the whole
equation highlighted (blue colour). The same happens if, alternatively, I
choose the main menu options Edit/Text style/Capitalics. So, what should I do?

Leslaw